Must Read: Meet the Nairobian Hustler Who Earns Sh. 75,000 a Month From Selling Eggs & Sausages

Nairobi Man that earns 75000 from selling eggs and sausages
KENYA: On my timeline feed, i came across a shared Facebook post. The post was about a man who sells eggs and sausages on a trolley and earns upto Ksh. 75,000 ($750) on a good month.

Below is the story;

"I came to Nairobi two years ago and stayed with a friend for about seven months. During that time I looked for work for months unsuccessfully. That’s when I decided enough is enough. I bought a bucket for sh100 and an egg tray for sh300. We had a jiko (charcoal burner) so I bought some charcoal and boiled the eggs. I put the boiled eggs in a bucket and started selling them around the estate for sh20 each. I made a profit of sh300 in that first day. It felt very nice and empowered. I did the same the following day and as time went by I started selling two trays a day, which doubled my profits. If I made sh600 I would save up to sh400 a day. I eventually rented my own small house and bought a few household items. Then I saved enough to buy this trolley you see here for sh6000. This changed the scope and size of my business since I could carry more stock, which remains warm just like the customer like them. It also improved my sales since I now sell five trays a day. I have also added smokies of which I sell around four packets a day. From six in the morning to eight in the evening I sometimes go home with up to sh2500 profits. I have brought my wife and kid from ushagoo (upcountry) to the city. I hope to save enough to open a small hotel for her in the estate. I thank Nairobi for giving me this opportunity. It’s a place where you can never sleep hungry as long as you don’t select work"


Powered by Blogger.